Are you thinking about taking on your first employee but not sure where to begin?
Perhaps you are growing an existing team but can’t find the time to focus on the recruitment process?
We can help by:
- Writing job descriptions
- Helping you design a pay and benefits package
- Engaging with an agency if necessary if you are using one
- Conducting first stage interviews to narrow down the candidate pool
- Shortlisting candidates and assisting with the selection process
- Drafting and issuing offer letters and employment contracts
- Providing an easy, robust and reliable referencing service through our partnership with Verifile Ltd
- Responding to unsuccessful applicants
Perhaps you just need some guidance in how to recruit the right person for your business? We can provide you with checklists and guides in how to conduct effective interviews, things you should think about in order to stay compliant, induction checklists and more.
It’s a legal requirement for all employees to be issued with a written statement of particulars within their first two months of employment but do you know what should be written into one? Are your terms of employment clear and legally binding?
We can help you avoid misunderstandings and possible confusion further down the line by proving your business with a comprehensive offer pack that covers all bases and protects you as an employer.
We can draft bespoke:
- Offer letters
- Comprehensive terms and conditions of employment
- Employee handbook
Policy & Procedures
Would your employees know where to look for your company policies? Are they up to date and legally compliant? Confused about GDPR? We can help you develop a comprehensive company handbook or individual policies and procedures to fit the needs of your business.
The following are a few examples of the policies we can develop for you:
- Absence management
- Family leaves
- Flexible working requests
- Data protection
- Equal opportunities
- Disciplinary procedure
- Grievance procedure
- Health and safety
There are some policies every company should have in place and others that will be more unique to your business.
Call us to discuss your needs in more detail
An engaged workforce is essential for talent retention and the success of your business.
We can help you understand current engagement levels through the use various metrics including bespoke surveys, interviews, analysis of employee turnover rates and other methods. We then make recommendations for improvements in line with your overall business strategy.
We partner with industry leading providers that deliver best in class engagement software offering employment benefits and reward and recognition tools to benefit your people and your business.
Maternity, Paternity and Parental Leaves
We understand that small businesses are unlikely to be experts in managing maternity, paternity and family matters. We will guide you through the process, step by step.
- advise on which statutory documents you need to request and when
- create detailed maternity/adoption leave plans highlighting all relevant dates and payments
- draft associated correspondence
Health and Wellbeing
A healthy workforce makes a better business.
The health and wellbeing agenda has been gaining traction for many years but never more so than now. We can help assess your current practices and work with you to create a wellbeing strategy that can help to reduce workplace stress and absences and foster an atmosphere of wellbeing.
Maintaining positive and trusting relationships between managers and employees is vital and that’s why it is so important to follow the right procedures when things go wrong.
Disciplinary and grievance processes can be challenging for small businesses to handle due to the lack of impartiality. We will guide you through the processes, step by step in line with the ACAS code to ensure that you are meeting all legal requirements and avoiding the common pitfalls.
- Provide step by step advice on how to handle all stages of disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Guide on how to conduct investigations and help you to evaluate the outcomes
- Gather witness statements
- Put together agendas for meetings and guide managers on how to handle them
- Provide an impartial third-party point of contact for appeals and for the employee to reach out to
- Provide a third-party contact for workplace mediation and dispute resolution
- Conduct sickness absence reviews
It’s vital to the success of your company that your team carry out their jobs effectively. Performance management processes are essential in order to get the most from your people; keeping your team challenged and engaged and identifying potential training needs.
We can help by working with you to:
- Put together a performance management framework
- Set objectives
- Train your managers in carrying out appraisal meetings
- Manage underperformance and create performance improvement plans
We’ll help you securely manage all of your HR Information and tasks.